Thursday, May 20, 2010




Happiness
What is happiness? So many times, I have noticed that people are not happy with their lives or their jobs. Forget about people, I myself sometimes feel unhappy about certain things in life. I just feel that why I am here in this world doing what I am not supposed to do. But, we just forget to understand one thing that we haven’t come in this world on our own. It is the God who has sent us and he must have a purpose in mind to achieve something in life. Some people realize it early while some of them take time to realize their potential and the rest of them don’t even realize their real purpose of life. And then, these people who are unable to realize their real purpose, they start being unhappy throughout their lives, and create a world within themselves thinking that nothing can be done of them.


Someone rightly said, “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.”

So often, we just tend to remember our past and worry too much about the future. What this results is that we remain unhappy throughout the day.

Happiness has been defined by several people in different fashions but it means the same so as to stay happy. Helen Keller says, “True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose”.

As Bette Davis quotes, “You will never be happier than you expect. To change your happiness, change your expectation”.

Sometimes we say that if I buy a car tomorrow, I will be happy or if I go to Seychelles on a holiday, I will be happy. All these are just object of enjoyment that will just give u comfort but doesn’t give u happiness. Few people might not agree with this as they consider sensual pleasures as happiness and their attempts are also directed towards these. However, true happiness doesn’t lie in such objects of enjoyment; instead, it lies in imagination. The only source of happiness – and unhappiness – comes from inside yourself. Happiness is not something that comes to you instead, It is something you create now, TODAY!
Waiting for something to change in order to be happy is waiting to live your life. It is not what happens to you that count. It is how you react to what happens to you. It is your attitude. When you adopt a positive attitude, life becomes a rewarding adventure instead of something to get through.

Leo Tolstoy once quoted as, “If you want to be happy, be.

No comments: