Thursday, May 27, 2010

I will turn 33 tomorrow!

Today, I just realized that tomorrow I will turn 33 years of age. I have spent 33 years of my life so far. Its been a long journey since my birth and yet I feel that there's lot more to do. When I look back throughout my life that I have lived so far, I feel that I have done nothing that would make me proud of myself. In the next 7 years or so, I will step into the world of 40s, and I have to give myself 7 more years to achieve whatever I want to. 33 years, I still cant believe that I have grown to 33 years old. Today, I am working at IBM and have a salary to earn my livelihood, a loving wife whom I look forward to when I go home, a mother who is always there to care for me and give her best wishes, a lovely family who always pamper me with their live and affection, few good friends who are there to cheer me up when I am sad and enjoy with me when I am happy, and last but not the least, a father's soul who is always there for me to guide me. But, is that enough? Is this what God have sent you in this earth for? God always have some purpose for everyone, and that is the reason why he sends us to this earth. People tend to forget what they have come to this earth for. Some realize it sooner and some realize it later. The sooner, the better! But, its always good if u have this realization because it gives you a motive to live in this world otherwise life goes on and on...without having any motive.

Now is the time when I need to think that what I would do in my next seven years so that howsoever many years I will live, I shall live in a satisfaction that I did something, and one day when I will leave this world then I will go with a smile otherwise I will always have a guilt feeling within me that I didn't do anything in my life.

"Life is meaningless only if we allow it to be. Each of us has the power to give life meaning, to make our time and our bodies and our words into instruments of love and hope", quotes
Tom Head

This is an interesting quote and its quite true as well. We have the power within ourselves to live a meaningful life but its only "WE"who have to realize it. Its only we who can allow to live either a meaningless or a meaningful life.

Today is Budh Poornima, and Buddha have once quoted, "Live every act fully, as if it were your last."

Some people would say that life sucks and would go any way just to end the life and some would believe that life is beautiful and full of surprises. I would say that life is whatever you think of it..and everything you think of it...Life is about sadness and happiness; it is about pain and being miserable, and life is about loss. Life is also about smiling, and crying at the same time. Life is about love and being lived, and life is about laughter. Life is about learning from your mistakes and it is horrible and dumb. Life is awesome and it is also full of tears sometime. Life is sorrow and it is also anxiety...
Life is all about you and how you treat it..You criticize it...well, you're actually criticizing yourself..

In the end, I would put one of beautiful poems I found by John Clare on "
What Is Life?"

And what is Life? An hour-glass on the run,
A mist retreating from the morning sun,
A busy, bustling, still-repeated dream.
Its length? A minute's pause, a moment's thought.
And Happiness? A bubble on the stream,
That in the act of seizing shrinks to nought.

And what is Hope? The puffing gale of morn,
That of its charms divests the dewy lawn,
And robs each flow'ret of its gem—and dies;
A cobweb, hiding disappointment's thorn,
Which stings more keenly through the thin disguise.

And what is Death? Is still the cause unfound?
That dark mysterious name of horrid sound?
A long and lingering sleep the weary crave.
And Peace? Where can its happiness abound?
Nowhere at all, save heaven and the grave.

Then what is Life? When stripped of its disguise,
A thing to be desired it cannot be;
Since everything that meets our foolish eyes
Gives proof sufficient of its vanity.
'Tis but a trial all must undergo,
To teach unthankful mortals how to prize
That happiness vain man's denied to know,
Until he's called to claim it in the skies.


"Miles to go before I sleep......"

No comments: